New Column – Roller Coaster of Chub – Meet Amanda Wilson

By  |  8 Comments

I’m Amanda Wilson, age 34 (yikes, it took me this long), mother of 2 sons that happen to be on the Autism spectrum, married for 16 years to my high school sweetheart. I’ve been a yo-yo dieter since puberty. 22 years experience in the battle of the bulge under my belt, and over at times if you count the muffin top.
I started a program in January 2009 that finally worked for me. When my size 14 clothes got snug, and I didn’t want to go out in public due to being self-conscious, it was my breaking point. I had been as big as a size 18 before, 225 pounds at my heaviest when pregnant. I had no excuse anymore, and at 170 pounds, I just felt awful.
It took me 7 months to drop the weight, and I’m still going strong. I’ve lost 50 pounds and gotten down to a size 2. It’s not always easy…there’s temptation around every corner. I never thought I could do it and keep it up for this long. I’m looking forward to sharing the details of this journey with you, and the bits of wisdom I’ve gathered along the way. It has shown me that change is possible to achieve and hold on to, and believing in yourself is priceless. I’ve come a long way baby, and I hope you’ll join me.

These pictures are of Amanda Wilson and Ange Alex not quite two years ago:

Here they are as of July 2010

Note from Ange Alex: Amanda is such an inspiration. I hope you will all join in reading her journey and free yourself from the Roller Coaster of Chub! She will inspire you and help you, so feel free to reach out and leave comments for Amanda to answer…. Go Amanda!

Comment Using Facebook

8 Comments

1. MandyE

August 30, 2010 at 9:39 pm

This is awesome, Amanda! I’m so proud of you! I think about you all the time as I (am trying to!) resist temptation! :)

• Amanda

August 31, 2010 at 5:46 am

Thanks Mandy! :)

2. Amanda~B

August 30, 2010 at 11:46 pm

You look awesome!! I look forward to reading more!!

3. Trish

August 31, 2010 at 7:40 am

Smoking hot, Amanda! You are such an inspiration!

4. Clif

August 31, 2010 at 7:51 am

Watching your transformation has been such an inspiration for many people. I am so proud of you! I am anxious to read your columns as you start sharing what you have learned these past few years. I am excited for anyone that can read them and become inspired….and actually see that it CAN be done. We can all change. Yes it is work….but certainly not as insurmountable as most people think. You go, girl!

5. Bradley

August 31, 2010 at 8:43 am

Amanda, I am so proud of all you have accomplished. Your bravery and determination are nothing short of inspiring! <3 Thank you for having the courage to share with us!

6. Amanda

August 31, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Thanks for the support everyone! :)

7. Terra

August 31, 2010 at 10:34 pm

Amanda, you rock sister!!! I am so proud of you and look forward to hearing more about your adventures!!! :)
    Congrats and keep feeding the dream!!! (Instead of the ego) ;)