The Georgia Race For Autism – October 2nd

By  |  6 Comments

From The Backstage Beat’s very own Amanda Wilson:

I’m so excited to participate in the Georgia Race for Autism, this Saturday
October 2nd in Gwinnett County! I have 2 sons on the Autism Spectrum, so
it’s a cause near and dear to my heart.

This event is presented by Autism Society of America – Georgia Chapter.
ASA-GGC is a leading voice and resource of the Georgia Autism Community in
education, advocacy, services, information and referral, and support.
ASA-GGC is committed to enabling meaningful participation and
self-determination in all aspects of life for individuals on the autism
spectrum and their families.

100% of race proceeds benefits autism organizations in your community!
One in every 110 kids — and 1 in every 70 boys — in the U.S. is living
with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD), the report showed. That’s up from 1
in 150 — and 1 in 94 boys — only two years ago. Chances are, you know a
family affected by this lifelong neurological disorder.

The Backstage Beat team will be supporting me in running the 5k, as well as
giving you the inside scoop on this event, Please make a donation to this amazing cause at the link here:

The Backstage Beat – Our goal is to raise $500.

There will be lots of GREAT activities for the whole family

- Games, crafts, face painting [image: Cool], pony rides, and more
- Inflatables
- Food
- Vendors

Comment Using Facebook

Ange Alex

Ange Alex is the wife of Rob Alex, her business partner and best friend of 12 years and she is a mother to 3 perfectly amazing and talented kids. She sums up her life like this " My life has been one amazing journey, but I just go where God leads me, there are no tricks of the trade or secrets to success other than that."

6 Comments

1. Dottie Dow

September 27, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Good Luck Sweetie! Who would have thought you would running a race? Your sheer determination has brought you so far…keep up the good work..I enjoy your articles…Love the picture of my precious grandbabies.

Love Meemaw

• Amanda

September 28, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Thanks Meemaw! :)

2. Valerie Redman

October 1, 2010 at 7:30 am

I will be there cheering you on and having fun with Merritt and Remy. This is a great cause, and I hope there will be lots of support for it.

Love your articles.

Love,
    Mom/Nana

3. Laurie McCune

October 2, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Amanda,

I want to say thanks for joining us today. It was an amazing day – in perfect weather! You had an awesome run…congratulations!
    Please know that we are here for you and your boys. Stay in touch…our events are all listed on the website and we’d love to have you join us for any of them.

Laurie

• admin

October 2, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Laurie,
      I will pass this on to Amanda but I wanted to thank you for letting her run and I knew she would win!
      Amanda is an amazing person and I am so glad The Backstage Beat could be a part of it.
      Please let us know whenever you have anything else and we will gladly promote it!
      Ange Alex -

• Amanda

October 3, 2010 at 11:17 am

Thanks so much, Laurie! :)