Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre will open its doors on Sunday, August 21 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Monday, August 22 from 11 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to offer performing arts lovers the opportunity to obtain information and purchase subscriptions for the 2011/2012 season presented by the Centre’s three resident companies, Gas South Broadway Series, The Atlanta Opera and the Atlanta Ballet. Each resident company will have special “Access the Arts” subscription offers available only at this two-day event. Additionally, the event offers arts patrons an opportunity to visit the venue and “test-drive your seats” in the theatre.
The special “Access the Arts” offers from the resident company are:
• Gas South Broadway Series will offer a complimentary ticket to the “Neil Berg’s Broadway Holiday” show for every subscription purchased at the event.
• The Atlanta Opera will waive the $15.00 handling fee when purchasing a series.
• Atlanta Ballet season subscribers will receive a limited edition Atlanta Ballet poster from the Charlie McCullers “Steel Toes” collection. Full premiere series package buyers will additionally receive 50% off all add-on performances, including Belk Presents Atlanta Ballet’s Nutcracker.
• ArtsBridge will offer a one lucky K-12 classroom tickets to an ArtsBridge performance of their choice. Register on site for a drawing.
Attendees will enjoy a festive atmosphere, entertainment, giveaways, food and beverage sampling from the Centre’s own Executive Chef, M.G. Farris and the following local restaurants: Sunday – Cinco Restaurants, Copeland’s, Ted’s Montana Grill; Monday – Cinco Restaurants, Copeland’s, Ted’s Montana Grill, P. F. Chang’s, Crepe Revolution Restaurant, Buckhead Pizza Company and Sip Wine at Riverside.
Sunday will also feature fun, family friendly activities including:
• The Atlanta Opera will be presenting live stage combat demonstrations by stage combat expert, Marcus Durham. Guests will also have the opportunity to see how characters from its 2011-2012 season will be brought to life through stage-make-up demonstrations by make-up artist, Aida Scuffle.
• Gas South Broadway Series will offer two fun opportunities, storytelling time with Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady, one of the four Broadway shows of the 2011 – 2012 season and a chance to dress up in costumes from this season’s shows and have a complimentary photo taken.
• ArtsBridge will feature Alice telling the beloved children’s story Alice in Wonderland, one of the offerings of the ArtsBridge education program for students.
• Atlanta Ballet will provide a sampling of dance with a Hip Hop Class by Anwar Nasir and an introduction to ballet class taught by a member of the teaching staff of the Atlanta Ballet’s Centre for Dance Education
Attendees will also be able to register for the Grand Prize drawing that includes tickets to opening night of each of the four shows of the Gas South Broadway Series, and a pair of tickets to one performance of the Atlanta Ballet, and one production of The Atlanta Opera at the Centre. Once attendees have registered, they need not be present at the time of the drawing to win.
Self -parking at the Centre for this event will be free.
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT THE ARTS IN ATLANTA – THE BACKSTAGE BEAT WILL BE THERE SUNDAY SO STOP IN ANS SAY HELLO!