Dragon*Con is the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the universe!
On the first day of our journey into Dragon*Con, we encountered the freaky and the fanciful, the scary and the remarkable. I believe there was well over 50,000 people crammed into downtown Atlanta. It was a spectacle everywhere you looked.
We found that even kids love Dragon*Con. Our kids thought it was as great as Disney World. Everywhere they looked there was a costumed character waiting to take a picture with them. Definitely a must do with your kids next year.
Our top 5 list of Day 1:
1. Opening Ceremonies – Marking the 25th anniversary of Dragon*Con!
2. Boondock Saints – Friday afternoon was a chance to meet the boys. Yes Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flannery at the Hyatt to talk about the cult classic.
3. Back to the Future Q & A – at 11:30 a.m. Friday morning, The still lovely Lea Thompson, Christopher Lloyd and James Tolkan were all at the Westin answering questions and discussing the success of the movies.
4. Erin Gray – Having had the pleasure of meeting and dealing with Erin last year, it was great to see her and her son Kevin again. We were able to help her and her celebrity clients out by hooking them up with a great printer for more headshots. (Check out Pixel Pusher if you need headshots or comp cards in Atlanta)
5. 25th Anniversary Masked Ball – High class party for sure! If you didn’t have a mask, you could actually purchase one with the proceeds going to charity. This party was F….U…..N!